Writing assignment wk2
- Write a 250-word (minimum) response to the writing prompt below. You must meet the minimum word count to get full credit.
- Use only the assigned readings unless otherwise instructed.
- Your responses must include quotes from each text used to get full credit. Be sure to quote, cite, and reference from the text(s) using appropriate APA format. For assistance with APA citations, review the “APA Format” link (go to “Start Here” and then “Course Resources”).
- Put all writing assignments in ONE Microsoft Word document, and identify your work by using your last name in the file name (example: LastnameWeek1.docx). Upload it by clicking on the “W2 Writing Assignments” link below and upload the file as an attachment.
***Submissions that are not in accepted file formats or cut and pasted into the comments section of the submission area will not be accepted. Please check to be sure your file has uploaded correctly. It is your responsibility to verify that you submitted the assignment successfully. Do not wait until you see a zero in the gradebook!
Dickinson and Whitman are two important poets from the antebellum period. They are very different, both in terms of form (what their poetry looks like on the page) and content. Write a comparison, using poems from the assigned reading, that includes at least three terms defined in the Poetry Lecture in Week 1, as well as the poets’ purpose in writing. What messages are they trying to convey in their poetry? Are they successful? Of the two poets, which one do you prefer and why?
NO PLAGERISM!!! it will result in a low rating for you!.
I will provide the week 1 term choices via email once you choose to do this assignment
The assigned readings are
- biography (pp. 1005-1009)
- “Crossing Brooklyn Ferry” (pp. 1069-1073)
- biography (pp. 1189-1193)
- Poem 122 (“These are the days when Birds come back”) (p. 1194)
- Poem 207 (“I taste a liquor never brewed”) (p. 1195)
- Poem 236 (“Some keep the Sabbath going to Church”) (p. 1196)
FROM THIS BOOK:
N. Baym, W. Franklin, P. Gura, J. Klinkowitz, A. Krupat, R. Levine, . . . P. Wallace (Eds.) The Norton anthology of American literature (shorter 8th ed.). New York, NY: W. W. Norton. ISBN: 9780393918854