This is a one-page (250 words) assignment.
Develop a “thesis statement” and support it for one page.
Use MLA formatting style.
1. What is a thesis statement?
PHRASE YOUR THESIS STATEMENT IN A WAY THAT INCLUDES THE FULL AUTHOR NAME AND THE FULL TITLE OF THE PLAY/ NOVEL/ SHORT STORY.
a. FOR EXAMPLE: IN WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE’S THE TEMPEST, THE PROTAGONIST PROSPERO REPRESENTS COLONIAL OPPRESSION.
b.THE THESIS STATEMENT MUST BE THE FIRST SENTENCEOF THE THESIS PAGE.
2. you do not have to finish the argument; just begin the argument and support it for one page.
a. see examples of student thesis pages attached.
b. Outside sources not permitted.
3. Watch Othello Lectures:
– Othello 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixPy5NQzCn0
– Othello 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSF7s6RBY08
– Othello 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8HTZk0R29M
– Othello 4: https://anchor.fm/the-pastor-and-the-professor/episodes/Othello-Lecture-4-e1ecma/Othello-Lecture-4-a3chq4
4. Important: include a forecasting statement (see attached file “Forecasting” for more details).
Othello by William Shakespeare
Any edition of Shakespeare’s plays will work, but I suggest The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, in The Wordsworth Special Edition, ISBN-10: 185326895X