Write a 525- to 700-word paper discussing the current view that race is a social construction supported by political realities.
Include the following:
- How does this view compare with the traditional, biological view of race?
- What are motivating factors for early Americans to construct race and racial categories?
- Which approach – assimilation, melting pot, fusion and/or pluralism – matches most closely to the new definition of race in contemporary America?
- Which definition of race do you support? Why?
Format your assignment according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.
- Grading criteria for Definition of Race paper