- Purpose of AssignmentThe purpose of this assignment is to allow the students an opportunity to complete their financial evaluation of a company using the financial research database Plunkett Research Online. Plunkett Research Online provides in-depth analysis of a company’s financials, comparisons to industry averages, a list of top executives, how the company compares to other competitors in terms of revenue, number of employees, market capitalization and other key financial metrics. Assignment Steps Resources: Plunket Research Online located in the Week 3 Electronic Reserve Readings; Microsoft® Excel®Access the the Plunkett Research database in the University Library by following these steps:
- Click on the University Library link.
- Click “Company Directories and Financials” under Library Resources.
- Click “Plunkett Research Online” under Company Directory and Financials.
- Review the following “HOW TO USE” videos:
- Plunkett Research Online Overview
- How to Export Company and Exec. Lists
- How to Build-a-Report
- How to Use Industry Analytics
- How to Research an Industry
- How to Use Company Profiles
- Click “Research A Company.”
- Select a company (i.e. Walmart) and input into the Search Box.
- Scroll through the search results to choose the correct company.
- Click the link to the company profile (in blue).
Walmart was chosen
- Where does the company rank in terms of Total Revenue when compared to its competitors?
- Where does the company rank in terms of Net Income when compared to its competitors?
- Where does the company rank in terms of Return on Assets when compared to its competitors?
https://homeworksmarket.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/LOG-300x75.png 0 0 admin https://homeworksmarket.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/LOG-300x75.png admin1970-01-01 00:00:002021-10-15 10:15:17Researching Industry Financial Statistics