- Which of the following is not one of Cialdini’s six principles of persuasion?
- Social Proof
- Reverse Psychology
- Which of the following is the best example of a captive pricing strategy?
- Buying a razor and then having to continue to buy specific blades for that type of razor
- In-state students pay lower tuition than out-of-state students
- A car dealership offering different models of a car at different price points
- Paying a monthly gym membership fee and then paying for new shoes, new workout clothes, and a head band
- The Tiffany’s promotion that was run by Nissan and discussed by Professor Miller was brilliant because…
- people loved getting a gift from Tiffany’s with their new car purchase.
- it gave dealers an incentive to sell cars.
- it targeted the spouse of the dealer operator.
- it targeted women buyers of automobiles who also love Tiffany’s jewelry.
- A company with little competition and a high quality (and strongly desired) product might use a pricing strategy that captures higher profits with its initial price before being lowered to attract price-sensitive consumers. Which type of strategy best demonstrates this?
- Loss leader
- Predatory pricing
- Price skimming