· A 6-month-old male patient presents to your clinic with his mother. The mother’s chief complaint is that the baby has had a fever and diarrhea for several days and is not nursing as much as usual. The infant is quiet and warm, lung sounds are clear, heart sounds normal. No medical history, born healthy at 39 weeks 5 days via uncomplicated vaginal delivery, he is exclusively breastfed and is up-to-date on his vaccinations.
· What are 5 questions you would ask the mother next?
· What additional signs/symptoms would alert you that this infant may need to be transferred to the ER?
· What are your top 3 differential diagnoses
· this paper will have a conclusion
Research: Citations required with APA 7th Edition
· See USU NUR Research Paper Rubric for additional details and point weighting.