need high-quality writing
1000 Words with at least 8 scholarly, peer-reviewed sources on your topic.
(at least 6 mathematical scholarly sources, 2 business sources)
the paper should consist of 85% mathematical perspective
The topic we have chosen for discussion is big data as it relates to the fields of mathematics and business. A relatively new concept that has arisen along with the rise of technology and advanced computing power, big data has changed the way business operates in several ways; one of the most used being the creation of advanced consumer profiles.
Primary Arguments: paper should consist of 85% mathematical perspective
Mathematics perspective: The mathematical perspective of the paper will focus on the possible mathematical theory as a foundation for big data research. Such as, the concept of infinity of the big data. How do we understand big data mathematically? How do the traditional data-processing techniques evolve into big data? What statistical techniques have been applied? How is machine learning used to discover hidden connections in large data sets? What are the mathematical and statistical challenges in future big data development?
Business perspective: The business perspective of the paper will focus on Big Data’s application across all fields in regards to business practices. How has big data changed the way companies develop products or how they recruit talent?
Literature Review Context: features of a typical literature review
Literature reviews are argumentative, but this fact is often not apparent to novice readers. Literature reviews take evaluative positions by highlighting some research and downplaying others; they are arguing for the importance of a field of inquiry by showcasing its literature. And then, when they identify problems not yet addressed in the literature, they are arguing that some research has been more successful than others in describing key problems in the field. However, the tone of modesty and reasoned discourse of academic writing suppresses these argumentative elements thereby causing some readers to overlook them.
Specific Requirements for this Literature Review
Typically, literature reviews begin with a background section, giving some history of how the problem has been investigated. Since the audience is scholarly, the writer assumes her audience has strong knowledge of the problem and therefore frames the discussion in narrow terms. Literature review writers discuss a select number of published research on the topic in some organized manner. The body of the review might be organized by problem, by researcher, or by chronology, discussing individual contributions to the field. The conclusion or discussion section of the literature review synthesizes what has been covered and describes the likely future direction or directions of research. Given the interdisciplinary nature of this project, one organizational challenge will be whether to emphasize disciplinary perspectives (their similarities and their differences) or to keep those perspectives in the background and focus on the topic and its related research. Either way (or some other way) could work fine; the choice of topic will likely determine your approach.
General Features of a Literature Review (and what I will look for)
• An intimate understanding of the scholarship in the field.
• A sense of what is happening in the field currently.
• A tone, vocabulary, and writing style appropriate to an academic audience.
• Careful attention to differences among positions.
• A fair and responsible attitude toward multiple sources.
• Rather than an audience specific to a single field, your project will need to appeal to readers across both of the fields you represent. Thus, you cannot rely heavily on insider knowledge or vocabulary.
• Plan to familiarize yourself with and cite at least 8 scholarly, peer-reviewed sources on your topic. Your topic will likely require that you deal with more than 8 sources; published literature reviews commonly reference a 100 or more articles—we certainly don’t have time for that—but your work for this project must give an impression of comprehensive understanding of your topic and a conscientious search of the literature.