This Final Project will substitute for the final exam and is due on the date of the scheduled final. The purpose of the Final Project is to synthesize what you have learned about the culture-health relationship and apply it by proposing a health promotion intervention that addresses a specific population and health issue, identifying key cultural issues involved and incorporating them in the program design. You have the option of addressing HIV/AIDS, obesity or youth violence in a specific population (as we do in the class), or of selecting another health issue/population.
This project should be in the following format:
- Health issue (5 points): Health Issue, target population and epidemiology
- Population and cultural issues (7 points): Description of affected population, including cultural factors relevant to the impact of the health problem
- Program (5 points): Proposed program approach and components.
- Incorporation of cultural issues (5 points): Explanation of cultural factors incorporated into program design and rationale for inclusion.
- The paper must include at least 4 references. They must be listed in the appropriate APA format.
The paper should be five pages in length and double-spaced. Make sure to include citations and references wherever necessary, and format the references in APA style and listed at the end of the report under the heading of “References”. The references should not be counted in the five page limit.