https://homeworksmarket.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/LOG-300x75.png 0 0 admin https://homeworksmarket.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/LOG-300x75.png admin2020-08-24 02:41:182020-08-24 02:41:18Criminal Justice
Answer each with 250 words minimum
Topic: Forensic Chemistry and Trace Evidence Analysis
- The U.S. Supreme Court decision in Frye v. United States set guidelines for determining the admissibility of scientific evidence into the courtroom. What later decision caused the U.S. Supreme Court to make assertions about the Frye standard, and what responsibility did that decision place on the trial judges? What future forensic processes were affected by this decision? How has this changed the way evidence is analyzed by forensic scientists?
- There are many different forensic specialists, some that work in the crime lab and other forensic specialists not normally employed at the crime laboratory. List some of these forensic specialists and describe the services they provide. Which role would you prefer and why?
- Watch Al Luckas, Forensic Scientist, talk about the many myths surrounding crime scene investigators (CSI). What myths have you witnessed either in the media or in conversations with colleges and peers regarding forensic science? Why did you choose this profession and what are your goals?
Topic: Forensic Fingerprint Analysis
- Discuss the epidermis and dermal layers of skin. What is the significance of each of these layers? For example, consider permanence and scarring.
- What is the composition of latent print residue and how does it affect the viability of latent prints? Consider such things as surfaces, weather, and time.