Option #1: The Importance of Listening and the Problems of Non-listening in the Workplace
Reflecting on the importance of listening as a way to improve interpersonal communication, the emphasis in Chapter 6, describe specific circumstances in which non-listening distorted or damaged interpersonal relations with colleagues and/or bosses. Perhaps you engaged in non-listening yourself. How can you improve your listening skills, based on these experiences?
- Refer to the Critical Thinking Rubric in the Module 5 Folder for more information on expectations for this assignment.
- Your written paper should be three to four pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include.
- You need to cite at least three sources for this assignment, outside of the textbook. These should be scholarly or peer-reviewed resources. The CSU-Global Library is a great place to find resources.
- Your paper must be formatted according to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
- If you need assistance with your writing style, start with the links under the Research Help and Writing Help tabs on the CSU-Global Library’s homepage.