1) This is a one-page (250 words) assignment. Develop a “thesis statement” and support it for one page.
2) Read The Awakening by Kate Chopin.
Source: Kate Chopin The Awakening, isbn 1514639645
3) Watch Chopin lectures:
– Chopin 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dcj4FCybco&list=PLaqL5O0htd2ngRmEsbd097ZBz9Y-TJyPG&index=17
– Chopin 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84aOVn5Bi1s&index=18&list=PLaqL5O0htd2ngRmEsbd097ZBz9Y-TJyPG
– Chopin 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMd04KTbipk&list=PLaqL5O0htd2ngRmEsbd097ZBz9Y-TJyPG&index=19
– Chopin 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43pAsrgj7k8&index=20&list=PLaqL5O0htd2ngRmEsbd097ZBz9Y-TJyPG
– Chopin 5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85-7_uSpDkI&list=PLaqL5O0htd2ngRmEsbd097ZBz9Y-TJyPG&index=21
4) What is a thesis statement?
Phrase your thesis statement in a way that includes the full author name and the full title of the play/ novel/ short story.
i. For example: in William Shakespeare’s the tempest the protagonist Prospero represents colonial oppression.
ii. THE THESIS STATEMENT MUST BE THE FIRST SENTENCE OF THE THESIS PAGE. (see “tips_format_changes” file attached). The first paragraph should consist of two sentences only: (Thesis sentence. Forecasting sentence).
5) you do not have to finish the argument; just begin the argument and support it for one page.